Thursday, August 7, 2014

Book Review: Hexed

TITLE: Hexed
Book 1 in the new Hexed series
AUTHOR: Michelle Krys
PUBLISHED: June 10th, 2014
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: Urban Fantasy, Witches
PREMISE: Indigo learns that she is a witch and that people are hunting her...
MY REVIEW: I'm sure I've mentioned it before, but I love witches. Witches and ghosts are my two top supernatural kind of creatures. But witches especially so I will read pretty much anything that is about witches. Hence why I picked this book up in the first place.
I won't lie, most of it is the usual urban fantasy YA stuff. There's a girl who discovers she's unusual. It's due to family history. Mean popular girl and so on. So, groundbreaking, this is not. But it is pretty darn fun. Mostly due to Paige and Bishop, the two best characters in the whole thing. I warmed up to Indigo after awhile, but I still didn't love her nearly as much as I loved Paige.
In short, this was basically a fun romp with witches. If that's your thing, I wholeheartedly suggest you pick it up.
WHO SHOULD READ: Mortal Instrument fans, Hex Hall fans, witch fans
MY RATING: Four out of Five
A Net Galley was provided for me by the publisher in exchange for a review. I'm sorry it took me awhile to get to this guys, I'm a wee bit behind on books right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment