Sunday, December 15, 2013

Book Review: Hereafter

TITLE: Hereafter
Book 2 in the Shadowlands Trilogy
AUTHOR: Kate Brian
PUBLISHED: October 2013
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: Paranormal, Mystery
PREMISE: Rory must now deal with the consequences of knowing the truth about her hometown.
MY REVIEW: This series is kind of a guilty pleasure for me. It's not totally original. There are funky messages throughout it. Writing...is passable but nothing to brag about. But it's just intriguing enough, that I keep reading despite its faults.
I do sort of like the set up here. The author is sort of decent at building up intrigue. I say sort of because a couple of things were pretty obvious from the start. I mean, was ANYONE surprised about mean girl who hated Rory for no apparent reason being one of the culprits? Anyone? Didn't think so. Subtlety is not this series strong suit, but it manages to get the job done just enough to keep you reading.
This series is what I call a good library read. It gets you your paranormal fix, but it's not something I would spend money on.
WHO SHOULD READ: Kate Brian fans, Paranormal fans
MY RATING: Three and a half out of Five obvious villains being obvious

No comments:

Post a Comment