Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Book Review: Soul Thief


TITLE: Soul Thief
Book 2 in the Demon Trapper's series
AUTHOR: Jana Oliver
PUBLISHED: 2011
CATEGORY: Young adult
GENRE: Urban fantasy
PREMISE: Riley continues her job as demon trapper despite new obstacles.
MY REVIEW: I...have no real feelings about this book to be honest. I liked the uniqueness of the first one and that is still felt here but now some of the sparkle has worn off and it's starting to look like every other urban fantasy series out there: down-on-her-luck Mary Sue has several love interests and solves mysteries and naturally fate of the world falls to her.
The characters are still fun and everything and I still love Oliver's writing and fast pace and her dialogue. But...it's not very original. If you read these urban fantasy things on a daily basis, you've basically read this series. I'm only keeping up with it because I love Oliver's world-building and I like learning more details as we go along.
WHO SHOULD READ: fans of The Demon Trapper's Daughter, Buffy fans
MY RATING: Three and a half out of Five demons

No comments:

Post a Comment