Monday, February 19, 2018

Notable Releases: 2/11-2/17

Here are the notable releases from last week that are on my radar:

MG/YA

Honor Among Thieves Book 1 by Rachel Caine and Ann Aguirre

Looks like a Fireflyish YA sci-fi series. I'm totally up for that. Both of these authors can be a little hit or miss with me though, so I'm keeping expectations in check.







Witchlands series: Sightwitch by Susan Dennard

I am so thrilled that people are finally discovering Susan Dennard. If you all haven't yet, read her zombie steampunk series. It's awesome.








The Precious Dreadful by Steven Parlato

The summary of this gives me a lot of pause (juggling two guys with potential? Ugh. YA, I thought you all had realized love triangles are not cool anymore), but I can't resist a girl sees ghosts story.







When Light Left Us by Leah Thomas

Summary of this intrigues me. I've never read the author before so we'll see how this goes.








Adult Fiction

White Houses by Amy Bloom

Interesting looking historical fiction novel about Eleanor Roosevelt and her relationship with a female journalist..








Olympus Bound Book 3: Olympus Bound by Jordanna Max Brodsky

Last, I think, book in this series about the greek gods still living among us. The last book left off in quite a place, I can't wait to see how this all comes together.







Freshwater by Akwaeke Emezi

Debut that has been getting a lot of buzz.









Sadness is a White Bird by Moriel Rothman-Zecher

Debut that is also getting some buzz.









Graphic Novels

The Prince and the Dressmaker by Jen Wang

Cute looking fairy-taleish graphic novel that I've been hearing really good things about.

No comments:

Post a Comment