Thursday, December 7, 2017

Graphic Novel Review: Wires and Nerves, Vol. 1

TITLE: Wires and Nerves
Wires and Nerves series, vol. 1
AUTHOR: Marissa Meyer
ARTIST: Douglas Holgate
PUBLISHED: January 31rst, 2017
GENRE: Science-Fiction/Retelling
PREMISE: Marissa Meyer continues the world of Lunar Chronicles in a new graphic novel series
MY REVIEW: Okay, full disclosure: despite loving comics and loving books...I tend to avoid these graphic novels based on book things. First off: they're usually just adaptations of the book and I don't find it necessary to read books in graphic novel form. Secondly: the art is usually pretty ugly.
But lets face it: I'm Lunar Chronicles trash. If it's Lunar Chronicles, I'm there. It helps that this series actually picks up where the books left off so it's actually new material. I'm still not much of a fan of the art style....but it is what it is, I've made my peace with it.
All in all, as far as these graphic novels based on books thing goes...this one is not bad. Iko is delightful and we get to see all the favorite characters again and catch up with what's going on in their lives. We also get a nice look into what the results of the end of the last book were and I'm pleased that the author makes it clear that just because you overthrow a villain, doesn't magically mean every world problem is solved.
So I liked it. I wish the art was better. But what can you do? If you're looking for more Lunar Chronicles goodness, this should do the trick for you. For those wondering, Vol. 2 comes out in January.
WHO SHOULD READ: Those who have read the entire Lunar Chronicles series, Lunar Chronicles fans
MY RATING: Four out of Five sassy androids

No comments:

Post a Comment