Monday, December 4, 2017

Book Review: Down Among the Sticks and Bones

TITLE: Down Among the Sticks and Bones
Book 2 in the Wayward Children series
AUTHOR: Seanan McGuire
PUBLISHED: June 13th, 2017
CATEGORY: Adult
GENRE: Fantasy
PREMISE: In a companion to Every Heart a Doorway, we get to learn about the twins' past.
MY REVIEW: Every Heart a Doorway was a favorite of mine last year, so I've been looking forward to the sequel since I heard about it. I'm happy to say, it did not disappoint. It's more of a companion then a sequel. This one goes into the sisters Jack and Jill and their story. We got hints of it in the first book, but this one gives us full details and it's great.
As with Every Heart a Doorway, my one complaint about this series is that the books are too short. I'm selfish and want longer books. But I am impressed with how tightly McGuire weaves the story and it never actually feels rushed, despite it being under two hundred pages.
If you were like me, you'll no doubt love this second book. It looks like we're getting a third book in January, that promises to be a direct sequel to Every Heart a Doorway and I cannot wait.
WHO SHOULD READ: Those that have read Every Heart a Doorway, Seanan McGuire fans, vampire fans
MY RATING: Four out of Five creepy fantasy worlds

1 comment:

  1. I haven't heard of this series but it sounds really engrossing and entertaining!

    Kate @ Ex Libris

    ReplyDelete