Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Book Review: Amberlough

TITLE: Amberlough
Book 1 in The Amberlough Dossier series
AUTHOR: Lara Elena Donnelly
PUBLISHED: February 7th, 2017
CATEGORY: Adult
GENRE: Fantasy
PREMISE: A group of people survive as best they can in a war-torn country...
MY REVIEW: This book has been on my radar for a bit and now that I've read it, I'm really sad it's not more popular then it has been, because it was pretty damn good and sadly very relevant considering current events.
The basic gist is that this is part Caberet/Casablanca set in a fantasy world with two countries constantly at war with each other. A majority of it is politics so if that's not your thing, you'll probably not be terribly interested. But I love stuff like this, so this book was right up my alley.
In short, I loved this one. The writing is good, characters are fascinating, and though it does drag here and there, ultimately the pay-off at the end is worth it. It also looks like this is now going to be a series and I for one am thrilled about that.
WHO SHOULD READ: fantasy fans, Caberet/Casablanca fans, those that like political fantasy type of books
MY RATING: Four out of Five sassy spies

No comments:

Post a Comment