Friday, December 8, 2017

Book Review: I Believe in a Thing Called Love

TITLE: I Believe in a Thing Called Love
AUTHOR: Maurene Goo
PUBLISHED: May 30th, 2017
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: Contemporary, Romance
PREMISE: A girl hatches a plan to get a boyfriend by following the plots of Korean Dramas...
MY REVIEW: As I was reading this, I was reminded a lot of When Dimple Met Rishi. So if you were a fan of that book, I suggest trying this one out. It's got that same cutesy romance vibe that that book had.
Ultimately I liked this one. It's just nothing to really write home about. The writing is decent, the characters are decent, the romance is cute, everything is just...okay for me. It's not something that blew me away or anything. But it did satisfy my need for a cute light-hearted romance.
If you're in the mood for something light-hearted and fluffy, this book should do the trick. Though I will warn: it will make you want to go and have a K-Drama marathon. Which I highly recommend,  because K-Dramas are the best. The author gives a great list of them at the back of the book if you want to know where to start.
WHO SHOULD READ: K-Drama fans, those looking for cute romances to read
MY RATING: Three and a half out of five cute romances

No comments:

Post a Comment