Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Authors on my Auto-Buy List

This is a weekly meme hosted by the ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish

This week: Top Ten Auto-Buy Authors

Well, due to budget constraints, this is usually a auto-read instead. But when I have money for books? Absolutely, I'll buy these author's books.

1) Tamora Pierce

I've been invested in Tortall and Circle of Magic for YEARS now. Word on the street is that there's a Tris book coming and a book about Numair and I can't wait.

2) Meg Cabot

Meg's books are always enjoyable. Even if they're just okay, they're an okay good time to be had. If I ever need a pick me up, I always go for Cabot.

3) Libba Bray

You ever have an author whose books you read and you feel like the author specifically wrote it to suit your tastes? That's how I feel about Bray. I've loved pretty much all her books and I can't wait to get my hands on Lair of Dreams.

4) Neil Gaiman

It's Gaiman. Nuff said.

5) Terry Pratchett

Sadly, there's just one book of his left to auto-buy, may he RIP. But I still have a majority of Discworld to get through so it'll be awhile before I run out of Pratchett books to read.

6) Sarah Rees Brennan

Between Demon's Lexicon and the Lynburn Legacy this author has cemented herself as my favorite.

7) Gail Carriger

Love the Parasol Protectorate world. I just finished Prudence (review forthcoming) and as always, I adored it.

8) Holly Black

I never know what I'll get with Holly Black. I do know I'll always get something wonderfully creative though.

9) Rick Riordan

Honestly, I really need to get caught up on the Heroes of Olympus series. But I really can't wait to read this new Norse Gods series.

10) John Green

Green is mostly an auto-read because I only like some of his stuff (Fault in Our Stars, Looking for Alaska). However, whenever he publishes his next book it'll likely get lots of attention and if I don't read it I'll get several what's wrong with you looks. So he's an auto-read mostly for survival. Luckily, I like most of what he does, so it won't be a big hardship or anything.

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way about Gaiman!

    Check out my TTT and my current giveaway which ends tonight at midnight.

    ReplyDelete