Sunday, August 16, 2015

Thematic Sunday: Books from the 80s

There are so many milestone years happening for things from the eighties. As someone who was born in the eighties I kind of resent this because it means I'm old, but it has given me a nostalgia trip. So this week's theme is books from the eighties.

Books from the Eighties:

1) Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones

Published: 1986

I have to put at least one personal favorite book on here. If you haven't read any of Diana Wynne Jones' things yet, you really really should.






2) The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood

Published: 1985

Long before there was Hunger Games, Atwood already made us all fear the future. Well, she definitely made women fear the future. Sadly, thirty years later, the things talked about in here are still very much relevant.





3) The Color Purple by Alice Walker

Published: 1982

Confession: I've never read this. But I've seen the movie and have the ebook on my Kindle, does that count?






4) Matilda by Roald Dahl

Published: 1988

Show of hands: who tried to read every book in the library like Matilda did?







5) The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan

Published: 1989

Read all the Amy Tan.







6) Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Published: 1985

I will read this book one of these days.







7) The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho

Published: 1988

See above.







8) Brian's Saga Book 1: Hatchet by Gary Paulson

Published: 1986

You know I'm positive I read this for school at some point but I'll be damned if I remember any of it.






9) Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark Book 1 by Alvin Schwartz

Published: 1981

Man I loved this book when I was a kid. This and R. L. Stine cemented my love of spooky and weird stories.






10) Jack Ryan series 1: Patriot Games by Tom Clancy

Published: 1987

I hear this Clancy guy has made a name for himself these days ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment