Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Mini-Review Catch Up

It's time to face facts: I'm behind on the reviewing. So, I'm going to just do little mine reviews here and then tomorrow start reviewing the books I've finished this week. Then I'm going to try try try to keep up on this stuff.

Darker Shade of Magic Book 1 by V. E. Schwab
Pub. 2015
-Loved it. But I adore this author so this is probably no surprise to anyone.
Rating: Four and a half out of Five

Black Dove, White Raven by Elizabeth Wein
Pub. 2015
-Engrossing historical fiction as always from Wein.
Rating: Four out of Five

Sekret Book 2: Skandal by Lindsay Smith
Pub. 2015
-Eh. Wasn't as good as the first one. But it did end in a satisfactory way so mission accomplished.
Rating: Three and a half out of Five

Trigger Warning by Neil Gaiman
Pub. 2015
-Like most short story collections. Some were great, some were okay, some I kind of wish were actual books.
Rating: Three and a half out of Five

Discworld series: Guards! Guards! by Terry Pratchett
Pub. 1989
-Hilarious! One of my favorite Discworld books yet.
Rating: Four out of Five

This is How You Lose Her by Junot Diaz
Pub. 2012
-Eh. Got what the author was doing but it wasn't my cup of tea.
Rating: Three and a half out of Five

Night and Fog Book 2: Conspiracy of Blood and Smoke by Anne Blankman
Pub. 2015
-Loved it! No sophomore slump here folks!
Rating: Four out of Five

Breakfast at Tiffany's by Truman Capote
Pub. 1958
-Was much like how I feel about the movie: dated but with good commentary that everyone seems to miss because they're too focused on gushing about the style of Holly.

After the End 2: Until the Beginning by Amy Plum
Pub. 2015
-Good satisfying end.
Rating: Four out of Five

The Girl at Midnight Book 1 by Melissa Grey
Pub. 2015
-Fun and entertaining, if a bit business as usual when it comes to YA fantasy.
Rating: Four out of Five

Lois Lane 1: Fallout by Gwenda Bond
Pub. 2015
-Pretty much everything I wanted when I heard about the scenario of Lois Lane in high school.
Rating: Four out of Five

Undertow Book 1 by Michael Buckley
Pub. 2015
-Was expecting better. Honestly this is way too similar to Alienated for my taste. But to the author's credit it's a little better then Alienated. I was probably just expecting too much because I love the author's Sister's Grimm series so much.

Okay. I think that's all of them. Hopefully we're now back to regularly scheduled reviewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment