This is a weekly meme hosted by the girls over at The Broke and the Bookish.
This week: Top Ten Halloween Reads
1) Dracula by Bram Stoker-Pretty much a no-brainer.
2) Frankenstein by Mary Shelley-Again, a no-brainer.
3) Edgar Allen Poe-Specifically, Tell-Tale Heart. But he's got a bunch that are wonderfully creeptastic.
4) The Legend of Sleepy Hollow by Washington Irving-Another no-brainer. Oh, and if you haven't checked out the new show Sleepy Hollow, you totally should. It's awesome.
5) Anything Stephan King-It or Carrie would be my picks. But you also can't go wrong with The Shining or Pet Cemetery.
6) Anything R. L. Stine-If you like light spooky, this is the guy to go with. The Goosebumps series and Fear Street series were my crack back in the day and basically my introduction to horror.
7) Bunnicula series by James Howe-What, you never knew about this series with a vampire bunny? If you have kids who are into the creepy, I'd give them this.
8) Anna Dressed in Blood Books by Kendare Blake-One of the best recent paranormal series in YA.
9) Bad Girls Don't Die series by Katie Alender-But especially the first book which features a sister possessed by a ghost.
10) The Mediator series by Meg Cabot-Great series about a girl who sees ghosts and has a hot ghost living in her bedroom.