Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Book Review: Omens

TITLE: Omens
Book 1 in the Cainsville series
AUTHOR: Kelley Armstrong
PUBLISHED: August 2013
CATEGORY: Adult
GENRE: Urban Fantasy, Mystery
PREMISE: After finding out she's the daughter of notorious serial killers, Olivia runs away from her life to the town of Cainsville...
MY REVIEW: I love Armstrong's stuff. You all know that by now. That said...this isn't a favorite of mine. I don't think it totally stinks. There's actually a lot here to make me want to read the next book.
But I will warn: it's slow. Like really slow. I get it's the first book but damn. Also it's more mystery then urban fantasy. So if you were hoping for something knee deep in the supernatural, you're probably better off going elsewhere. Honestly this book was mostly just a set up and a promise that things are coming and it will be supernatural most likely.
So...I'm not a huge fan. But...it's also not bad? I'm on the fence with this one. It doesn't help that I'm really biased towards Kelley Armstrong.
WHO SHOULD READ: Kelley Armstrong fans, Mystery fans, Haven fans (it reminds me a lot of Haven)
MY RATING: Three and a half out of Five spooky towns

No comments:

Post a Comment