Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Book Review: All Our Pretty Songs

TITLE: All Our Pretty Songs
Book 1 in a series
AUTHOR: Sarah McCarry
PUBLISHED: July 2013
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: Urban Fantasy
PREMISE: Two girls who have lived liked sisters find their lives complicated when a boy appears and brings a magical force with him...
MY REVIEW: Ever have one of those books where you just don't know what to make of it? I admit, this doesn't happen to me often. Usually I have a very clear idea of what I like and don't like. But every so often a book will come along where I honestly just don't know how to feel about it.
All Our Pretty Songs is one of those things that is sort of like the writing of Nova Sen Ruma. It's just not going to be for everyone. Actually, now that I think about it, this reminded me a LOT of Imaginary Girls which also threw me for a loop and made me puzzle over whether I actually thought it was good or not. It's got that same sort of writing style that I know a lot of people don't care for.
So...I think this one will be a matter of the person's taste. Me, I'm personally spit by it. There's a lot about it I do like. But I also have problems with some of it too. I do know I liked it enough that I'll probably be checking out the next book.
WHO SHOULD READ: Imaginary Girls fans, Wicked Lovely fans
MY RATING: Three and a half out of Five shrugs

No comments:

Post a Comment