Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Book Review: Stolen Nights

TITLE: Stolen Nights
Book 2 in the Vampire Queen series
AUTHOR: Rebecca Maizel
PUBLISHED: January 2013
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: Urban Fantasy, Vampires
PREMISE: Lenah deals with the consequences of her actions in book one.
MY REVIEW: I liked Infinite Days a lot better then I thought I would. At the time I was a bit burned out on Vampire books, and it was like a breathe of fresh air in a stale genre. So I was really looking forward to this sequel.
Unfortunately I wasn't really that into it when I actually got my hands on it. I don't know if I fault the author here for taking it in slightly lackluster directions, or if I just had unrealistic expectations, or what. I just know I wasn't as fond of this as I was of the first book.
So this was a case of, I kind of wish they'd left it alone instead of writing a sequel. Because the sequel disappointed me. Oh well.
WHO SHOULD READ: Twilight fans, vampire fans
MY RATING: Three out of Five I expected better reactions

No comments:

Post a Comment