Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Book Review: City of Fallen Angels


TITLE: City of Fallen Angels
Book 4 in the Mortal Instruments series
AUTHOR: Cassandra Clare
PUBLISHED: 2011
CATEGORY: Young adult
GENRE: urban fantasy, romance, drama
SHORT PREMISE: Clary and friends are back in further adventures.
MY REVIEW: In the next book in the MI series Clary and friends deal with unresolved issues from the third one. People are murdering those within Valentine's circle, Simon's vampire statis is exposed to his mother, Clary and Jace are wondering if their love really is true, and so on.
Okay I'm honestly split on this one. On one hand, it's MI and I'm always up for MI even if the series is rather mediocre and cliche. What saved for me it was that it was fun and entertaining. But on the other hand I didn't see the need for this or any further books for that matter. I kind of think at this point Clare is beating a dead horse. She should have stopped after book 3 which tied everything up nicely. She should focus on Infernal Devices or just come up with something new. Because while this was still entertaining it really lacked focus and again I don't see why it was necessary.
I will be reading the next books in the series. Don't get me wrong because at this point I'm too invested in it to stop now, but honestly I sort of wish Clare would move on to another project because I want to see her put her skills to something else. This one is still good but I was not nearly as into it as the previous books.
WHO SHOULD READ: Those that have read and liked the first 3 MI books, Twilight fans
MY RATING: Three and a half out of Five outlandishly dressed Magnus Banes

No comments:

Post a Comment