Friday, April 1, 2011

Book Review: Sphinx's Queen


TITLE: Sphinx's Queen
Book 2 in the Nefertiti series
AUTHOR: Esther Friesner
PUBLISHED: 2010
CATEGORY: Young adult
GENRE: Historical fiction, drama
PREMISE: Nefertiti continues her journey to becoming queen.
MY REVIEW: Okay, I liked this I really did. The writing is great as always with Friesner, the character is a refreshingly strong female, and the historical aspects were wonderful. The only problem is it was predictable. There were no surprises here so I had very little motivation to continue it other then the good writing and likable main character.
Does it make it a bad book? No. Because like I said it was good. It's just predictable and thus I really don't have much to say about this book. Other then I want another Helen of Troy book but I don't think that's going to happen. Or I want her to do another historical woman. Perhaps a english royal this time? I'd love to see her tackle any of the great women from history personally.
WHO SHOULD READ: those that have read Sphinx's Princess, historical fiction fans, fans of Tamora Pierce
MY RATING: Four out of Five sphinxs

No comments:

Post a Comment