Sunday, May 2, 2010

Book Review: The Faerie Path


TITLE: The Faerie Path
PART IN SERIES: Book 1 in the Faerie Path series
AUTHOR: Frewin Jones
PUBLISHED: 2007
GENRE: Young adult, series, faeries, romance, fantasy
PREMISE: Anita learns that she's not who she thinks she is. She's actually a faerie princess.
MY REVIEW: The main problem I have with this book is that I find it rather childish for a young adult book. Seriously, this book would have been fine as a childrens book. Not only that, it's childishly written, as in everything is spelled out for the reader and we aren't allowed to jump to our own conclusions and this makes for rather boring reading in my opinion. I do love the setting and I love the covers on these books, but that was about all I liked.
The characters are all one-dimensional, I didn't get a real sense of personality from any of them, that especially includes the narrator who is quite frankly a huge Mary Sue. The author gives good description, it's just that the plot/story itself was so...blah. This could easily have been a Disney Channel movie it's that predictable. You don't even get to see how the main character and her love interest fall for each other! They're together when the book starts and I see no real evidence of them being a good pair because they barely interact.
So...young readers may or may not get a kick out of this series. Considering it's about four books in, it must connect with some people. I just couldn't get into it.
WHO SHOULD READ: younger YA faerie fans I guess...
MY RATING: Two out of Five faerie wings

FOR THE FOLLOWING CHALLENGES:
One Hundred Plus Books
Support Your Local Library
YA Challenge
First in a series

No comments:

Post a Comment