Saturday, November 4, 2017

Notable Releases: 10/29-11/4

Apologies for not having one of these up last week. There just wasn't time in the schedule to do one. Some awesome books from last week I suggest checking out are: We're Going to Need More Wine by Gabrielle Union, The Book of Dust by Phillip Pullman, Dear Martin by Nic Stone and many more.

But here are this past week's releases that are definitely on my radar:

MG/YA

 Beasts Made of Night by Tochi Oneybuchi

I don't have much high expectations for this one (reviews so far have been rather low), but I'm still giving it a shot because I'm a sucker that way.








Tortall: A Spy's Guide by Tamora Pierce

Once upon a time, Pierce promised us Tortall fans a guide to Tortall. It's been like over five years since that promise, but we're finally getting it! Also finally getting that Numair book. I still wish it was the Tris in magic school book that was mentioned instead (Tris is my favorite), but I'll take what I can get.






Adult Fiction

The Midst of Winter by Isabel Allende

Historical Fiction novel from Isabel Allende. I can pretty much guarantee you'll hear about this come next year's book awards selection time.

Star Wars: The Legends of Luke Skywalker by Ken Liu

Are you pumped for The Last Jedi? Same. To tide you over till then, here's a book going into what Luke got up too before Rey tracked him down.








Non-Fiction

Dorothy Brooke and the Fight to Save Cairo's Last War Horses by Grant Hayter-Menzies

Never heard of this lady, but this promises stubborn lady and horses. I'm in.








Graphic Novels/Manga

Two-Face: A Celebration of 75 Years
Very DC Universe Rebirth Holiday TP
Vampirella: The Dynamite Years Omnibus Vol. 1
Walking Dead Omnibus Vol. 7 HC
Generation X Vol. 1: Natural Selection
Mortal Instruments Vol. 1 GN

No comments:

Post a Comment