Thursday, September 22, 2016

Book Review: Bloodline

TITLE: Bloodline
Star Wars Canon books
AUTHOR: Claudia Gray
PUBLISHED: May 3rd, 2016
CATEGORY: Adult
GENRE: Sci-Fi, Media Tie-In
PREMISE: Wonder what Princess Leia got up too after Return of the Jedi but before The Force Awakens? This book is for you.
MY REVIEW: Yes, another Star Wars book. As I mentioned in my Lost Stars review, I'm a fan. I was dying to read this book the minute I heard it was out because Princess Leia is my favorite. I love Han, don't get me wrong. He was one of my first major crushes. But Princess Leia is where it's at character wise for me as far as Star Wars is concerned. Personally, I say it's about damn time, we got a proper Leia book and I'm sad it took this long to get one. Yes, there were some Leia books in the old canon, but most were focused on her relationship with Han. This book showed that that relationship, while fabulously complicated, is not the most interesting thing about her.
This also does a great job of filling in some holes The Force Awakens left. It gave plausible ways for why the First Order was allowed to rise up after RotJ, it gave some insight to Ren's back story, it gave great commentary about how Leia has a different view of Darth Vader then Luke does and so much more. This is everything Star Wars books should be tbh. It's my favorite SW book I've read yet. That includes The Young Jedi series, which I loved dearly back in the day.
I know there are still people poo pooing the new SW canon, but if ever there was a book in the line up that makes a case for why a do over was needed and why you should give the new books a chance, this one is it. Also Disney: where the hell is my young Princess Leia movie?!
WHO SHOULD READ: Princess Leia fans, Star Wars fans, Claudia Gray fans
MY RATING: Four out of Five I want more Princess Leia in film VIII feelings

No comments:

Post a Comment