Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books Recently Added To My TBR List

This is a weekly meme hosted by the ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish.

This week's topic: Top Ten Books Recently Added to the TBR List (To Be Read for those that don't know)
Now, full disclosure: My TBR list is over seven hundred books long. Yes, I'm one of those that wants to read all of the things. My list reflects that. So...this list is random, it made sense when I added them, I swear.

1) The Naturals Book 3: All In by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

One of the many books of 2015 I did not get too. I love this series that is basically a YA Criminal Minds, if the crew on Criminal Minds had paranormal powers.





2) Alexander Hamilton by Ron Chernow

Like many people, I've become obsessed with the Hamilton musical. The soundtrack is on Spotify if you want to give it a listen. I plan on reading this at some point. Possibly before the Tony Awards because I know that musical better win some Tonys. The Tonys doesn't have as much of a race problem as the Oscars does so there's actually a good chance.




3) The First Wives Club by Olivia Goldsmith

How did I not know that the First Wives Club was based on a book?! I love that movie.







4) Classics For Pleasure by Michael Dirda

Essays about classics. I've been in an essay sort of mood lately and I love reading commentary on classics. The only downside is, I have no doubt this will just add books to my TBR list.






5) Theodosia Book 1: Theodosia and the Serpents of Chaos by R. L. LaFevers

Did you know the author of the awesome His Fair Assassin Trilogy wrote middle-grade fiction? Neither did I. It's just under R. L. LaFevers instead of Robin LaFevers and it looks awesome. This series has museums, old artifacts, mysteries, and secret societies. I'm sold.





6) Temeraire series Book 1: His Majesty's Dragon by Naomi Novik

I recently read Uprooted and loved the hell out of it. This series went immediately on the list after I finished it.








7) The Scarlet Pimpernel by Baroness Orczy

With all the superhero stuff coming out this year, I think it's high time I read the classic that is in a way the precursor to the superhero.








8) The Walls Around Us by Nova Ren Suma

Another 2015 title I missed. Which is odd because I actually love Nova Ren Suma's stuff. She's such an underrated author.







9) Brooklyn by Colm Toibin

This was recently made into a movie that is getting a lot of Oscar buzz. Hence the add on to the list.







10) Briar Rose by Jane Yolen

I've been reading through the Grimms Complete Fairy Tales and it's put me in a fairy tale retelling mode. Though I'm honestly usually always up for a fairy tale retelling so this is nothing new.


No comments:

Post a Comment