Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Bookish Resolutions for 2016

This is a weekly meme hosted by the ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish
.
This week's topic: Bookish New Year's Resolutions for 2016

1) Read 150 books. That's around 3 books per week. That's my usual speed. I can do more if I do audiobooks as well. But this year, I'm likely going to be moving so I won't have as much time to read.

2) Keep up on reviews on the blog and keep posting content. I was SO bad about that this year. I'm hopefully going to be much better this year. She says after mentioning she's probably not going to have as much time to read...

3) Explore the romance genre. Every year I pick one genre to focus on and get books on the TBR list out of the way and this year, it's going to be romance. Category romance, historical romance, paranormal romance, YA romances. All sorts of romance. Yes, if you're a romance guru, by all means, feel free to recommend stuff.

4) Get Gone With the Wind done. This is one of my bucket list books. Since I'm doing romance this year, I'm going to try and finally get this thousand page sucker read.

5) Get the entire Sherlock Holmes series done. I've only read The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and The Hound of Baskervilles. I want to read the whole series.

6) Get North and South done. Another bucket list book. Also fits in nicely with the romance genre focus.

7) Get caught up on a bunch of series. For instance: the Kate Daniels series, the Others series, The Flavia de Luce series, and definitely get Dresden Files done.

8) Get at least halfway through the Discworld books

9) Get my TBR list down by at least a hundred books. It would probably help if I stopped adding to it...

10) Remember that it is okay to ditch a book if I'm not feeling it. I've gotten a lot better about that this past year, but I stil sometimes feel the guilt. Then I have to remind myself that no one cares if I don't finish that book. I'm not committing some grand sin. Life is too short to read books I'm not enjoying.

2 comments:

  1. Great list of resolutions! Reading the Sherlock Holmes books is something I feel like I really should do, I love the TV and movie versions but I've never read the books!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/01/05/top-ten-tuesday-38/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! I need to remember your last goal. I have the horrible habit of trying to finish a book even when I'm not feeling it. I'm aiming for 150 books! I'm going to try more audiobooks as well. I hope you have an awesome 2016.

    TTT: http://tinathebookworm.blogspot.com/2016/01/top-ten-tuesday-my-top-ten-blogging.html

    ReplyDelete