Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Book Review: The Cage

TITLE: The Cage
Book 1 in The Cage Trilogy
AUTHOR: Megan Shepherd
PUBLISHED: May 26th, 2015
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: Science-Fiction
PREMISE: Aliens have taken a group of teens into their spaceship in order to try and preserve the dying human race.
MY REVIEW: I'll be honest, I didn't know what to make of this book at first. I won't lie, it's slow-going at first. As it goes on however, it moves into something that is pretty awesome.
It actually reminds me a lot of the Maze Runner. Unlike the Maze Runner however, there's more decent female characters, and diversity, and it actually looks like the author thought the set up through. Sorry, I'm not into Maze Runner that much. The first book was decent, but like Divergent, it all fell apart by book two. Again, I warn for slowness here. In fact, I suspect many will get frustrated by the teenage drama, but it actually becomes sort of worth it by the end where there's a very nicely done twist.
Hopefully, this won't fall apart in the sequels like the above mentioned series, but I trust Shepherd. Her Madman's Daughter trilogy kept it up all the way through, so I'm sure we'll have a similar awesome time here.
WHO SHOULD READ: Maze Runner fans, Sci-Fi fans
MY RATING: Four out of Five alien experiments

No comments:

Post a Comment