Monday, November 4, 2013

Book Review: Shadows

TITLE: Shadows
AUTHOR: Robin McKinley
PUBLISHED: September 2013
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: Fantasy, Adventure
PREMISE: A girl's mother gets married to a man from the old world, the one full of magic...
MY REVIEW: I will tell you all now: Robin McKinley is one of those authors I will always have a certain pro-bias for. So please keep that in mind when I gush about this book. Because I loved this. But again: I love most of McKinley's stuff.
This one is all the things I've come to expect from McKinley: creative, great adventure, strong female lead, well written, and again: creative. It may not be the best book of the year, but it certainly is one of the most interesting.
If you love McKinley, this one is just as good as her other stuff. If you're new to McKinley, it's a great intro to her stuff (and if you decide you like her, check out Beauty and The Hero and the Crown).
WHO SHOULD READ: Robin McKinley fans, Dianna Wynne Jones fans, fantasy fans
MY RATING: Four out of Five shadows

1 comment:

  1. I AM NOT READING THIS REVIEW. NOPE NOT DOING IT.

    I still haven't grabbed a copy (for shame Elizabeth, for shame!) I too am a definite Robin McKinley fan. I mostly just wanted to:

    1. Say yay McKinley fans unite!
    2. Peek and see what your rating was haha. So I'm glad you liked it (as if that was a surprise. Not liking McKinley is blasphemy!)

    ReplyDelete