Sunday, March 13, 2011

Book Review: Sapphique


TITLE: Sapphique
Book 2 in the Incarceron series
AUTHOR: Catherine Fisher
PUBLISHED: 2010 (in the US, was released earlier in the UK)
CATEGORY: Young adult
GENRE: steampunk, science fiction, adventure
PREMISE: Finn has escaped Incarceron but all is not well. His place in court is still undecided and he can't forget those he left behind in the prison...
MY REVIEW: I adored Incarceron and Sappique is just as good, even if I think there is definite room for a third book here, but this is apparently just a two book series. Bummer. Still Sapphique was awesome as well. If you've read Incarceron you already know what to expect so I won't bore you with details.
I liked the interesting direction Fisher took the sequel. I appreciated how she made everything not automatically all right once Finn was out and I dug all the court intrigue. Probably a lot of people tired of that but me I find courts and the way people manuever around them fascinating (probably why I'm such a fan of Wicked Lovely). There are a few surprises at the end but not as much as Incarceron but I won't give them away.
All in all if you loved the first book, you'll probably love the second just as much although some will probably have issues with the ending. Like I said, I wish there was another book coming but apparently not. But hey, maybe some time down the road? ;hint, hint, Fisher;
WHO SHOULD READ: Those that have read Incarceron, steampunk fans
MY RATING: Four out of Five small prisons

No comments:

Post a Comment