Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Book Review: The Big Crunch


TITLE: The Big Crunch
AUTHOR: Pete Hautman
PUBLISHED: 2011
CATEGORY: Young adult
GENRE: realistic fiction, romance, drama
PREMISE: the contemporary telling of boy meets girl.
MY REVIEW: Once again, a book that I'm rather split on. On the other hand it was hilarious. I also appreciated the accurate portrayal of high school life along with NO VAMPIRES and that finally two teens who don't meet each other and go "he/she's my soul mate!" right away.
However, it dragged. Characters could have been more fleshed out. I also didn't get what the point of the story was. I mean okay, boy meets girl. Great. Why should I care?
It was cute and harmless but ultimately I found myself wishing the author did more with it. Lovers of rom-coms should dig this though.
WHO SHOULD READ: younger teens, fans of romantic comedys
MY RATING: Three and a half out of Five moving vans

No comments:

Post a Comment