Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Book Review: No Rest For the Wiccan


I apologize for not being active these last few days. I was sick and working a lot and frankly my books this past week were not that great so I've had very little enthusiasm for reading. But I'm almost done with those and hopefully the next ones I have are much better.

TITLE: No Rest For the Wiccan
Book 4 in the Bewitching Mysteries Series
AUTHOR: Madelyn Alt
PUBLISHED: 2008
CATEGORY: Adult
GENRE: Urban fantasy, mystery, romance
PREMISE: Maggie deals with another mystery as well as ghosts in her sister's house.
MY REVIEW: I'm starting to get a little tired of this series. I'm tired of Maggie's family. Her mother is irritating (I applauded Maggie for finally telling her off in this book), her sister is even WORSE and sadly this book had more of both of them. I also wish the author would just solve the love triangle already. It's obvious Maggie isn't even really into Tom and that they aren't going to work out and that she'll end up with Marcus. So just dump Tom for good and get on with it.
Even the mysteries in this book were a little lackluster and obvious from the start. I hope the next installment is better because I'm seriously on the verge of giving up this series. About the only interesting thing that happened was the outing of N.I.G.H.T.s (thanks to before mentioned horrible sister) and in the ultimate witch cliche, Maggie got a black cat.
WHO SHOULD READ: Those that have read the first 3 books, cozy mystery fans
MY RATING: Three out of Five black cats.

No comments:

Post a Comment