Friday, February 25, 2011

Book Review: Infinite Days


TITLE: Infinite Days
Book 1 in the Vampire Queen series
AUTHOR: Rebecca Maizel
PUBLISHED: 2010
CATEGORY: Young adult
GENRE: vampires, romance, urban fantasy
PREMISE: Lenah is a vampire who recently became human and is now trying to adjust to her new life, but her past is coming back to haunt her...
MY REVIEW: I'm not very sure how to rate this book to be honest so if this review seems a bit bi-polar, I apologize. On one hand, Lenah sometimes felt Mary-Sueish, I didn't care for the way all the girls were portrayed as catty (except of course for our MC), and that once again multiple love interests all in love with our main female and there was stereotyping. While it was nice to see a girl fall for a guy who wasn't a complete jerk for a change, I also didn't get what she saw in Justin and the relationship felt mostly physical but then they didn't go on about soulmates stuff so in the end that didn't matter (plus I'm positive that she still has a thing for Rhode).
BUT Lenah was also independant. It was nice seeing a girl take charge for once but also be vulnerable and she didn't completely irritate me. I loved the friendship she had with Tony (up until of course he absolutely had to have a thing for her and that DAMN ENDING ;grr; Tony was my favoirite...). It was nice having a character who didn't hate being human for a change! FINALLY, someone who enjoys life and all it has to offer! Also the author took into account that hey, this girl is used to a whole other century and writes her accordingly. There's also very little whining. Yay for the non-whiny heroines! More of them, please authors.
For the most part, this was a refreshing vampire book which I can't say very often so I applaud the author. I'm definitely interested in seeing where she takes this because it seems like a promising start. I just hope in the future the author develops characters and the romance a little better and focuses less on melodrama.
WHO SHOULD READ: Twilight fans, Vampire Diaries fans, vampire fans
MY RATING: Four out of Five tattoos

No comments:

Post a Comment