Saturday, September 25, 2010

TV Weekly Recap

So now that fall tv is back in full swing and there's actually stuff to watch I'm going to start doing recaps/thoughts on the shows I've watched. If anyone wants to, please feel free to chime in with your own comments as I have no one at home to discuss this with ;sad face;.

Dancing with the Stars: ah, my guilty pleasure. I half to admit, I was expecting Bristol to be horrible (okay, I was hoping cause I'm not a Palin fan and I find her stance on abstanance rather hypocritical) but she wasn't bad. Not great, but not as bad as some of the others were. Not really surprised the Hoff was the first. People seem to think he has this large fan base and while he does in older generation, the older generation? Probably doesn't watch this show very much. And those who do probably liked other people better (my Mom is totally going for Jennifer Grey right now). I'm going to call it right now: I think it'll come down between Jennifer Grey and Brandy unless someting major happens in the next few weeks.
Castle: I'm a huge Castle fan (mostly due to my neverending love for Nathan Fillion whom I've liked ever since the awesomeness that was Firefly) so I'm very glad this show is back. Though I'm not surprised the arrest wasn't what we though, I kind of wish more had been done with it.Ah well, at least it's back and now we have more fun mysteries to solve. Plus the new Nikki Heat book out this week which I'll probably be reviewing soon as it gets on Kindle.
Glee: Ah Glee. I should hate you for getting Telephone stuck in my head all week but I'm to happy from the episode. My only tiff is that Sunshine won't be a recurring character. I think it would have done Rachel a world of good to have major competition and would have maybe caused some character growth. But the girl who plays her has a new CD out so she probably can't promote and do a show at the same time. Can't wait for the Britney Spears episode and I'm not even a huge Spears fan. Personally I bet they'll do a better job on the songs then Britney herself because these kids have much better singing voices (sorry Spears, but it's the truth).
Undercovers: One of the few new shows I've actually sat down and watched and I like the premise (although it's a bit silly). My only concern is that it may get old fast, particularly if they do a bad guy a week like in this ep. But considering it's J.J.Abrams...I doubt that will be the case. I bet we'll have one or two relatively calm episodes and then he'll do a massive mind blowing episode that will change everyone's thoughts about the show.
The Whole Truth: Slightly bland law show. Nothing new or original in this one though the chemistry between the girl and guy lawyer is great. It's just these law shows don't interest me much so I'll probably not be tuning in.
Project Runway: My other guilty pleasure. I will say this: I'm rooting for Mondo and Andy. Don't care about the third person. As long as those two get in the finale I'll be happy (and as long as the third person isn't horrible attitude Gretchen with her boring designs).

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I know! I'd hate her if I didn't find her so darn likeable.

    ReplyDelete