Friday, September 10, 2010

Book Review: Magic Burns


TITLE: Magic Burns
Book 2 in the Kate Daniels series
AUTHOR: Ilona Andrews
PUBLISHED: 2008
CATEGORY: Adult
GENRE: Urban fantasy, mystery
PREMISE: Kate is back and this time is responsible for a young girl while there are magic waves going on in the city. Then she learns of a plot to release demons into Atlanta...
MY REVIEW: The more I read this, the more I'm starting to like it despite the unoriginality of it. Kate is just fun. She's fun and spunky without being over the top. As with the last book, the highlights for me were any scene that she and Curran were in. Seriously, this is one of the best couples and they're not even together (yet)! Anytime they are near each other I just grin because I love watching them trade barbs and keep waiting for the UST to explode (but Andrews keeps teasing us...darn you Andrews; I mean that with love).
I also must say, Derek is becoming one of my favorites in this. How sweet was he with Julie? So much potential there, I kind of hope Julie shows up again just so we see awkward adolescent romance blossom (and it will also have a plus of making Kate and Curran interact more...just saying).
The mystery part of this wasn't terribly interesting, but other then that, it was a solid follow up. I look forward to reading more of it. Still rec this to all urban fantasy fans.
WHO SHOULD READ: those who read the first Kate Daniels book, urban fantasy fans, Kelley Armstrong fans
MY RATING: Four out of Five swords

FOR THE FOLLOWING CHALLENGES:
12 by 12 in September
One Hundred Plus Books
Support Your Local Library

No comments:

Post a Comment