Sunday, March 4, 2018

Notable Releases: 2/25-3/3

Here are the releases from this past week that are on my radar. Note: there was no notable releases from last week, because honestly there weren't that many releases that week I was excited for, aside from one or two non-fiction books.

MG/YA

All Out: The No Longer Secret Stories of Queer Teens Throughout the Ages by various authors

Yes, my friends, a short story collection featuring lgbtq characters in historical fiction stories. Dreams do come true. After this, how about one with fantasy/sci-fi settings? Please, please, please?

A Girl Like That by Tanaz Bhathena

Contemporary debut that I've been hearing good things about.









Kiranmala and the Kingdom Beyond Book 1: The Serpent's Secret by Sayantani DasGupta

I'm really pumped for this one, guys. It's a middle-grade adventure book featuring a demon-slaying girl finding out family secrets when her parents are kidnapped and she's swept off into a magical world. This is my kind of book in so many ways.





Tess of the Road Book 1 by Rachel Hartman

New Rachel Hartman book! And it takes place in the same world as Seraphina! ;does a happy geek dance;

Daughter of the Pirate King Book 2: Daughter of the Siren Queen by Tricia Levenseller

Daughter of the Pirate Queen was one of the few fantasy debuts from last year that really stood out to me. I'm looking forward to its sequel.

Where I Live by Brenda Rufener

Looks like an intense contemporary dealing with abuse, homelessness, and a couple of other things.








Non-Fiction

How I Resist: Activism and Hope for the Next Generation by various authors

Essays from various YA authors about activism and how you can help.

In Praise of Difficult Women: Life Lessons From 29 Heroines Who Dared to Break the Rules by Karen Karbo

Looks like this could be fun.

Don't Call Me a Princess: Essays on Girls, Women, Sex, and Life by Peggy Orenstein

We'll....see how this one goes. I'm all for essays about girls and calling out sexist stuff, but that title reeks of shaming feminine things and I'm not here for that. You can call out sexist things without shaming people who like girly things.

No comments:

Post a Comment