Thursday, November 19, 2015

Book Review: The Copper Gauntlet

TITLE: The Copper Gauntlet
Book 2 in the Magisterium series
AUTHOR: Holly Black and Cassandra Clare
PUBLISHED: September 1rst, 2015
CATEGORY: Middle-grade
GENRE: Fantasy
PREMISE: Revelations abound as Callum and his friends return for another year of school.
MY REVIEW: First, I apologize for the absence. Holiday shopping season is upon me at work which means long work days and little time to think about blogging. I have been reading though. So that's something. I just need to have a lot of time to catch up on reviews.
I read this one last month as a matter of fact and I honestly loved it as much as I loved the first book. It doesn't slow down on the pace for one. There is no sophomore slump here and the authors don't stall on plot devices. Some things get revealed that are pretty surprising.
 Now yes, it is still kind of a Harry Potter combined with Percy Jackson rip off. But there are enough different things to keep the series a bit of a surprise. I personally don't see being a rip off as a kiss of death like some fans make it out to be. The case could be made for Percy Jackson being a rip off of Harry Potter and I still manage to enjoy that. This was a well done sequel and I still look forward to the rest of the series.
WHO SHOULD READ: Fans of the first book, Harry Potter fans, Percy Jackson fans
MY RATING: Four out of Five yes it's kind of a rip off but I don't cares

No comments:

Post a Comment