Friday, November 20, 2015

Book Review: Beastly Bones

TITLE: Beastly Bones
Book 2 in the Jackaby series
AUTHOR: William Ritter
PUBLISHED: September 22nd, 2015
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: Historical Fantasy, Mystery
PREMISE: Abigail continues her new job with Jackaby.
MY REVIEW: I'll admit for overall plot...this sequel kind of stalls a lot. It feels much like a filler book. There were some random small things here and there, but overall, most of the book was focused on the mystery. While this was fine by me, I love fantasy mysteries, I'm sure some people might not appreciate it that much.
It did do a good job of developing Abigail. Most of the first book was focused on Jackaby and learning about this strange world he inhabits. This time around we get more of Abigail and it's perfectly welcome in my opinion. I kind of get the feeling this might be turning into a Dresden Files type of series and honestly, I have zero complaints about that. Though maybe don't go on as long as Dresden Files has.
As a sequel it's not really knock it out of the park. But it's still enjoyable. I just kind of hope the next book does some more stuff with Jackaby and central plot things.
WHO SHOULD READ: Jackaby fans, Historical fantasy fans, Mystery fans, Dresden Files fans
MY RATING: Three and a half out of Five for bit of a sophomore slump

No comments:

Post a Comment