Monday, June 20, 2011

Book Review: Last Sacrifice


TITLE: Last Sacrifice
Book 6 in the Vampire Academy series
AUTHOR: Richelle Mead
PUBLISHED: 2010
CATEGORY: Young adult
GENRE: vampires, romance, drama
SHORT PREMISE: the exciting Vampire Academy comes to an end.
MY REVIEW: In the final Vampire Academy book, Rose and Dimitri go on the run after Rose is found guilty of murder. Meanwhile her friends try to clear her name while Lissa undergoes trials to become queen, a position she's not even sure she wants and Rose finds that Lissa may actually not be the last Dragomir after all as well as wrestling with her feelings for Dimitri.
So being the final Vampire Academy book, I expected a lot from this and Mead definitely brought it. This book solves all the loose ends from the series as well as brings up new ones for the spin-off series. I was surprised about some things, and not so surprised about others. Sorry Adrian fans, much as I love Adrian it was always going to end up Dimitri/Rose. Personally I'm happy with that because Adrian needs someone who fully appreciates him and I have a feeling he'll be returning for the spin-off and maybe he'll get his happily ever after. I wouldn't mind if it was with Sydney to be honest. I can totally see those two working. Or maybe it's with someone we don't see coming at all. Either way, I seriously cannot wait for Bloodlines.
This is a satisfying conclusion to a awesome series. Mead handles all the plots well as always, it's a nice and fast read and she entertains all the way through. She has definitely become one of my favorite authors.
WHO SHOULD READ: fans of the first 5 books, fans of the adult Georgia Kincaid series
MY RATING: Four and a half out of Five crowns

1 comment:

  1. I LOVED this entire series and even still when I think about it I get nostalgic. Vampire Academy is probably one of my all time favorite series.

    I'm excited about Bloodlines too!

    ReplyDelete