Saturday, January 1, 2011

Looking Ahead in 2011

So 2010 is done and gone just like that. Now it's 2011. So what do we have to look forward too? Well, I have a few things I'm dying for.

Books I'm looking forward too in 2011:
The continuations of series such as The Curse Workers, The Iron Fey, Meg Cabot's sequel to the awesome Insatiable, Wicked Lovely, more Mortal Instruments and Infernal Devices, Kate Daniels, Sookie Stackhouse and so on.
There's a couple of good looking books coming out this year as well. For instance, Meg Cabot also has a new paranormal YA series that looks really good coming in spring. Lauren Oliver has a new book called Delirium coming out and if it's anything like Before I Fall it'll be excellent. There are new sequel series coming out as well including a new series by Richelle Mead (I think that's coming out this year, right?) set in the same world as Vampire Academy but with a different character. There's also going to be a new trilogy by Kelley Armstrong that is in the same world as her Darkest Powers Trilogy.
REALLY looking forward to Tamora Pierce's short story collection featuring characters from her awesome Tortall series. She hasn't written anything in over a year and I'm going through withdrawel so I can't wait for this as it'll tide me over till the final Beka Cooper book.
A couple of book trilogy's are ending as well. Iron Fey's conclusion comes out later this month (but don't fret, Kagawa has said she's going to be doing another trilogy set in the same world and focusing on Ash...personally I want one with Puck but I'll take what I can get). Wolves of Mercy Falls will also come to its conclusion this summer.
Then of course, there are all the awesome sounding debuts coming out this year as well. 2011 is going to be another exciting year for books I think.

Music in 2011:
No clue what's going on here as I'm not into popular music much nowadays. However I am looking forward to the inevitable decline in Taylor Swift and Justin Bieber's popularity. Look, nothing against these two, I admit some of their stuff is good but I'm sick of seeing them everywhere I go.

Movies in 2011:
I hope some of the movies are better this year because last year, with the exception of a few was rather mediocre movie-wise. Here are some I'm looking forward too:
The Green Hornet
I Am Number Four (mild curiousity, mostly)
Jane Eyre (looks AWESOME and like they actually ;gasp; read the book!)
Beastly (I'm going for Neal Patrick Harris, that is all)
Water for Elephants (after I read the book)
Thor (prep movie watching for Avengers because I'm not overly familiar with this particular hero)
Pirates of the Carribean 4 (JACK!!!)
Kung Fu Panda 2 (hey, Kung Fu Panda was fun okay? I'm betting the sequel will be fun as well; Dreamworks does have a good track record with sequels)
X-Men: First Class (even if they are totally screwing up continuity. For those wondering, Emma Frost was not around during the first class years AT ALL)
Green Lantern (it's not the Batman sequel I wanted this year, but it'll tide me over at least)
Cars 2 (trailer is making me hesitate but I trust Pixar so I'll go)
Transformers 3 (these movies are guilty pleasure, sue me)
One for the Money (even if I still hate that they cast Katherine freaking Heigl as Stephanie Plum. What the heck cast directors? If nothing else, Sheri Shepard will make an awesome Lulu. Yes, I watch the View.)
Harry Potter 7 Part II (Going. To. Be. EPIC.)
Captain America (what? It's in preparation for the Avengers movie, okay?)
The Help (also after I read the book)
Footloose (morbid curiousity mostly)
Sherlock Holmes 2 (not till December ;pouts;)
The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (american version, but it's going to have Daniel Craig so it looks promising)
Oh and I heard there's apparently going to be some other Twilight thing later this year;) but as I'm steadfastly ignoring everything Twilight now that I've finished the books, I'm not going to bother to tell you what I think about this (or the stupid fact that they seem to think Breaking Dawn needs 2 movies). In more exciting news, I heard rumor that they're doing a movie of The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle by Avi! This is an AWESOME idea! I loved that book as a kid. I hope they don't ruin it though.

All around though, I just hope that this year is better. As in no cheating husband scandels (really, what was with that this year? Was something in the water?), no economy collapse (we can't afford another one), oil spills, job loss rates raising, attacks, etc. Also I want less of the following: The Kardashians, Kate and Jon, the Hills stars (especially Spiedi...oh wait,haven't they broken up?), Jersey Shore (especially Snooki), Teen Moms (especially the one who hits her husband), and the Bachelor. Really, gossip mags: I DON'T CARE. So here's to another year and hopefully a better one then 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment