Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Book Review: Dead to the World-Charlaine Harris



TITLE: Southern Vampires Series-Book 4: Dead to the World
AUTHOR: Charlaine Harris
GENRE: adult, vampire/paranormal, romance, chick-lit, mystery, series
PREMISE: Sookie and Bill are no longer together. Still dealing with the fallout, Sookie finds a amnesiac Eric, her brother disappears, and many other things happen.
REVIEW: I don't know why it is I am so addicted to this series. I am not normally into vampire books unless they are really really good. That said, this series isn't perfect. There is a lot of silly rampent things going on where you go huh? But it is still damn addicting and I enjoy it. I've basically given up trying to figure out why and have just enjoyed the ride.
I do think part of why I enjoy it is that I enjoy this world Harris has created. She has put thought into what would make vampires come out of the closet (so to speak) and how our world would react if they did, and has put thought into the fallout and how other mystical creatures react to the vampires doing so. I also admit, I like Sookie. She can be frusterating at times, but a lot of times I just like her. I also enjoy some of the other more colorful characters in the book. Plus, some of the moments are just damn funny (for instance Jason's face when Eric asks him why he hasn't been providing for his sister and then there was Claudine, tramp or no she was funny). But whatever the reason I enjoy the series, the book was good. Not phenomenal, but a fun escapist read.
WHO SHOULD READ: fans of vampire/paranormal romance type stories, fans of the tv show True Blood, fans of Twilight
RATING: Three and a half out of Five shifters

For the following Challenges:

100+ Reading Challenge on J-Kaye's Blog
Finish That Series on Royal Reviews Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment