Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Book Review: Paper and Fire

TITLE: Paper and Fire
Book 2 in The Great Library series (yes series, it's apparently now going to be five books instead of 3. I'm cool with that)
AUTHOR: Rachel Caine
PUBLISHED: July 2016
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: Dystopian/Alternate History
PREMISE: Jess and his friends continue their lives at the Library with the danger growing every day...
MY REVIEW: I am a late-comer to this awesome series. I should not have doubted Caine though, because the first book of this series was fantastic and this second book is just as good.
For those that have not picked it up yet: the series is basically about a world where the Library of Alexandria never burned but instead grew to be a global super power that controls everything. It has Caine's usual different cast of characters and fast paced plots and the result is an entertaining as hell series that should be getting way more attention then it is.
Apparently I'm the minority that loved the sequel. I will admit this one dragged a bit. But it did what it needed to do and gave you lots of plot development. So I'm personally very satisfied. And need the new book immediately, because that was a mean cliffhanger.
WHO SHOULD READ: fans of the first book, Rachel Caine fans
MY RATING: Four out of Five fangirl squees because damn I love this series

No comments:

Post a Comment