Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Looking Ahead: October 2016

This is a tad late. I apologize. Family visited so the beginning of the month has been a bit wacky. But here are all the books on my radar that are releasing in October. If you thought September was busy, you ain't seen nothing yet:

Releasing October 4rth (Today):

The Wangs VS The World by Jade Chang

A adult fiction debut that has been getting lots of buzz.

Rebel Genius by Michael Dante DiMartino

Fantasy from one of the people involved with Avatar: The Last Airbender? Sign me up!







Spare and Found Parts
Interesting looking fantasy/sci-fi debut

Replica Book 1 by Lauren Oliver

I'm a little hesitant about this one, because the way it's apparently written sounds very gimmicky. But, I'm always willing to give Oliver a chance because she always has creative ideas floating around.

Magnus Chase Book 2: The Hammer of Thor by Rick Riordan

I'm pretty sure everyone knows this one is out. But in case you didn't.







Crosstalk by Connie Willis

Adult sci-fi novel that looks interesting. I've heard a lot about Connie Willis but haven't gotten to her books yet. Maybe this will be my intro.

Yesternight by Cat Winters

I'm always up for a Cat Winters book.








October 11th:

Bound by Blood and Sand Book 1 by Becky Allen

Sounds like a potentially cool dark fantasy.







Ahsoka by E. K. Johnston

I didn't even have to read the synopsis of this book. All I know is it's about Ahsoka, my second favorite character from the Star Wars universe. I'm in. I wish the author was different, because the one Johnston book I read didn't impress me much, but I'm hoping that was just that one book or something.





Still Life With Tornado by A. S. King

I'm always up for an A. S. King book. Vastly underrated author.

Young Elites Book 3: The Midnight Star by Marie Lu

I completely underestimated this trilogy. The beginning was solid, but didn't grab my attention much. But that second book. Damn. THAT is how you twist things. I can't wait to see how this goes down.





Iron Cast by Destiny Soria

Historical Fantasy. I'm a sucker for it. This one is no exception.








Beast by Brie Spangler

Beauty and the Beast contemporary retelling with Belle as a trans girl. I'm here for it.







Black Widow Book 2: Red Vengeance by Margaret Stohl

Another Marvel/media tie-in book. There are a lot good ones coming out this month. If only they would get that Captain Marvel YA book they were talking about out.






October 18th:

Boy series Book 4: The Boy is Back by Meg Cabot

It's Cabot. I'm going to read it. She seems to be continuing her nostalgia trip by reviving an old adult series which were romances told through things like emails, receipts, anything electronic/paper. If this is as fun as the others, I'll enjoy it a lot.




The Princess Diarist by Carrie Fisher

After finally reading and loving Wishful Drinking, I can't wait to read Fisher's newest book.

Illuminae Files Book 2: Gemina by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff

I still think this series is pretty generic, but it's fun enough that I'm continuing anyway.






October 25th:

Iron Man: The Gauntlet by Eoin Colfer

Marvel continues its descent into publishing books and I'm here for it every step of the way.







There are a lot more then this coming out this month, but I fear if I list all the books I'm interested in this month, this post will be way too long. Just know, it's a pretty awesome month for publishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment