Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books from the Past Three Years

This is a weekly meme hosted by the ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish. This week's topic is our favorite books from the past three years. I'm narrowing it down to books published in those years because if I did all the books I've read in the past three years, I'd never be able to choose. I'm also not doing books published in 2015. It'll be 2014, 2013, and 2012 only. Really, this is for all our sakes, I read way too much.

1) The Lynburn Legacy Trilogy by Sarah Rees Brennan

Totally cheating by putting the whole trilogy here. But I loved this entire run and can't choose one book.





2) The Diviners Book 1 by Libba Bray

It's been over to years and I still remember quite a lot and am quite attached to this book. I think that says something about the quality of this series opener. Finally the sequel is coming out in a few months and I can't wait to read, even if I wish they hadn't changed the covers on me...






3) Seraphina Book 1 by Rachel Hartman

There were a lot of great books in 2012. This was one of the many. And like Diviners we finally get the sequel in a few months and I can't wait to get my hands on it.







4) Something Strange and Deadly Trilogy by Susan Dennard

There were also a lot of solid trilogies in the past three years and this was one of them.





5) Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein

This book still sticks in my mind and is one of my favorite historical fiction books.








6) Lunar Chronicles series by Marissa Meyer

I've been pretty much eagerly awaiting the installments of each of these books since it started in 2012. I'll be sad to see it end this year, but apparently Meyer already has some new goodness in the works for us so I'm not too brokenhearted.



7) Finishing School series by Gail Carriger

I oretty much love everything Gail Carriger writes. Please note, there is a third book in this series. The whole series is awesome. Also check out the Parasol Protectorate series. I promise you won't be sorry.






8) The Cahill Witch Chronicles Trilogy by Jessica Spotswood

Another awesome trilogy from the past three years that was solid from beginning to end.






9) Circle Reforged Book 3: Battle Magic by Tamora Pierce

I eagerly awaited this book like whoa because I adore the Circle of Magic universe like you wouldn't believe. This author is the author who got me into fantasy. As always, Pierce did not disappoint. I now have to wait for her next book as well as the one about Tris in magic school (which bring it, because Tris will wipe the floor with those suckers in magic school).





10) Otherbound by Corinne Duyvis

One of the best fantasy books I read last year. Which is saying something because last year was particularly awesome for the fantasy genre.





No comments:

Post a Comment