Thursday, March 29, 2012

Book Review: Sweet Revenge


TITLE: Sweet Revenge
Book 1 in the Lady Hadley Mystery series
AUTHOR: Andrea Penrose
PUBLISHED: 2011
CATEGORY: Adult
GENRE: historical fiction, mystery
PREMISE: A woman goes on the hunt for answers to her father's death and becomes swept up in intrigue.
MY REVIEW: I confess, I am addicted to the cozy mystery genre. Heaven knows why. Most of them are the same plot over and over again but my inner mystery freak can't help but pick them up when I spot a fun looking one in the library. This is the same thing that has me addicted to shows like Castle and Bones. So when I saw this and saw it was a historical cozy mystery, I just couldn't resist.
It is pretty much what I wanted from it too. Fun and feisty female lead, snarky romance, fun mystery, great atmosphere, and fast paced. It is what it is. Nothing more, nothing less and I suspect the other books are much the same.
If you love the mystery genre and historical fiction I wholeheartedly recomend this because it'll be a fun read. For more challenging pursuits I'd look elsewhere though.
WHO SHOULD READ: cozy mystery fans, historical fiction fans
MY RATING: Three and a half out of Five chocolates.

No comments:

Post a Comment