Monday, March 26, 2012

Book Review: Ill Wind


TITLE: Ill Wind
Book 1 in the Weather Warden series
AUTHOR: Rachel Caine
PUBLISHED: 2003
CATEGORY: Adult
GENRE: UF, mystery
PREMISE: Joanne is a weather warden who murdered someone and is now on the run.
MY REVIEW: My reaction to this book is pretty much the same as my reaction to Caine's YA Morganville series: Meh. I mean, I love the world building don't get me wrong. I give that it's very entertaining, fast-paced and definitely see why she's gained fans.
It's just that like Morganville Vampires it's just not really a must read. It's got lots of familiar adult UF tropes, it's a tad predictable, the characters aren't really that engaging to me, and it all just evens out to a pretty average book.
I say pick this up if you're a Urban Fantasy fan but if you never do, you aren't missing much.
WHO SHOULD READ: Rachel Caine fans, Urban fantasy fans
MY RATING: Three and a half out of Five storms

No comments:

Post a Comment