Saturday, January 14, 2012

Book Review: Anna Dressed in Blood


TITLE: Anna Dressed in Blood
Anna series Book 1
AUTHOR: Kendare Blake
PUBLISHED: 2011
CATEGORY: Young adult
GENRE: horror, paranormal
PREMISE: Cas hunts ghosts. Then he meets a ghost that confuses him...
MY REVIEW: Sometimes you just want a good old fashioned horror story and this book is one that totally delivers on that front. True, I wish the romance part had been better developed but on the whole this was a very strong debut that has become one of my favorite reads this month and had I read it last year would have been a top book for me.
Blake's writing is nice and smooth. She writes fabulous dialogue, she doesn't have stereotyped characters, and she doesn't mince with the horror aspect of this. It's also creative! A definite new perspective on ghosts. I just really want to know more about this world because I feel like we haven't gotten the entire picture of it yet, but it is the first book so I'm letting that issue go in the hopes of finding out more in the second.
All in all a really good read. If you love horror or don't mind scary books I'd definitely pick this one up. I can't wait for the second book and whatever else Blake has in store for us. This is a author to keep a eye on in the future.
WHO SHOULD READ: horror story fans, Coroline fans, Bad Girls Don't Die fans
MY RATING: Four and a half out of Five dead girls

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like it could be fun, although I prefer a ghost story to a horror story.

    ReplyDelete